"Marinated" Kale with Sunflower butter dressing
This was my first attempt at doing something with raw kale. Usually I just throw it in the pan with some olive or coconut oil, but in the back of my mind I always wonder how many of the nutrients are getting cooked out into the liquid..
Here is the recipe that I used. It differs slightly from my cited source, but turned out delicious and I have no doubt it will become a staple in my daily eating.
- One bunch Kale
- Pinch or two of Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Braggs Liquid Aminos
- 2.5 tbsp Sunflower Butter
- 2 tsp Agave Nectar (optional)
- Cut up the rinsed, de-ribbed kale and pat til almost dry. Add in a pinch or two of salt and start to massage it through the kale. This is going to break down and soften the kale so that its nice and easy to chew instead of hard and crunchy.
- Place the ACV, lemon juice, braggs liquid aminos, sunflower butter, and agave nectar into a blender or food processor. I actually have a bullet blender that did a great job. The sauce came out a tad thicker than salad dressing.
- Add the dressing to the kale and mix in thoroughly. Wait 20-30 mins for this to soak into the leaves and then eat!
Sources: Sakoutis, Zoe and Huss, Erica. The 3-Day Cleanse. New York: Wellness Central, 2010. Print.